About This Blog

Shapcano was the moniker used by William H. Shapland. My brother Bill is remembered and his memory honored by people in many different circles. We were touched to have the Washington Post publish an article about him when he left us in April, and overwhelmed to see Georgetown University's tribute and life celebration. We were moved once again to find fans of his writing keeping his on-line published works alive. This blog is my contribution to that effort. Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Welcome

Welcome! You’ve stumbled into my  big pile o' fiction. Most of it is about the world of Shadowrun (Er….before you get too excited, I have to tell you that the page has been in existence for more than 10 years now, in one incarnation or another, and much of what’s written here is from editions 1-3, so it might be unfamiliar if you got interested in the game more recently. Oh and sometimes we deviated from cannon even back then, so be warned). In any event, the setting is set 50-60 years in the future. Magic has returned, bringing with it political upheavel, dragons, mutations and a bunch of other fun stuff, corporations have grown into nations unto themselves and technology and violence are out of control. Sounds cool, neh?
I've written three complete novels and a pantload of short stories. I've also got fiction by several other authors. It's all free. ENJOY. Oh, and I’ve also added some more standard Sword and Sorcery stories recently because…. Well, becauseits my page, so I can.

- As much as my brother valued the community of writers he worked with, I do not have the links to other people's writing here.  I wanted just to preserve my brother's craft, his generous heart for those he encouraged, and his humility.  I believe that I have captured everything available in the same order he posted it on his now-defunct website.   If you have access to any of his work that is not here, please share it with me!

Thanks -DS

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here's two of the other writer's he used to link to, I believe.

    https://deckerm.tripod.com/shadowrun/main.html

    http://www.magespace.net/wvm2.html

    ReplyDelete